Learn to speak Portuguese in the Azores! If you wish to study Portuguese abroad so you can learn and travel at the same time, you are on the right track. Attending an effective language course while immersed in the local culture will give you faster results and ensure real language retention. It’s also a lot of fun. The Azores offer an opportunity to learn in a unique island environment and should be at the top of your list. As with any trip abroad there are many factors to be considered, but, to get you started, here are ten recommendations to look at when choosing choosing a study tour of the Azores.
1. An enthusiastic native guide to escort you.
2. Reputable, professional language teachers.
3. Small group size.
4. Local events like cultural festivals, and concerts.
5. Native cuisine to be enjoyed in groups, and on your own.
6. Clean, modern accommodations.
7. Affordable costs.
8. A balance of class time, touring, and free time to explore, relax, and enjoy the islands at your leisure.
9. A mix of activities from urban explorations to viewing natural wonders.
10. An amount of time that enables you to feel truly immersed in the language and culture.
Read more about Maria Oliveira’s Study Abroad tour of the Azores scheduled for July 2023.